Please type your answers in a Word doc. This will count as an in-class grade and is due at the start of class Wednesday, July 9.
- What does NPR’s Web site offer viewers that the radio station does not? Give three specific examples, based on your observations and the discussion at the site.
- Roughly how many Web staffers are there at NPR? Where do they physically sit, in relation to the radio staff? How often do they interact with the radio staff?
- Are there entry-level jobs for new college grads? What are they? How much do they pay, roughly? If there are no entry-level jobs, are there internships? What skills are required?
- What kinds of jobs did most NPR Web staffers have before coming to the site?
- How is the Web site staffing/covering the 2008 elections and the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? What kinds of packages/coverage on these topics does the site boast?
- What surprised you today?
You may, of course, add other thoughts and comments!