9.20.2006

Mother and her children

This picture http://chnm.gmu.edu/digitalhistory/digitizing/5.php from "Digital History, A Guide to Gathering, Preserving and Presenting the Past on the Web," by Daniel J. Cohen and Roy Rosenzweig is really touching. The picture is really clear and you can see the worry on the mother's face and understand that she is trying to be strong for her children. I like that it is in black and white because it really makes you focus on the emotion in the picture instead of other aspects of it.

1 comment:

Leonid480 said...

Well, I guess it is an intriguing image, but the article was about digital images. I had read that slide film is the best medium for its quality and ease of reproduction. I bought a film and slide scanner on e-bay, an Nikon ls-2000 and it does a fair job. It requires a dedicated power source.
Since then I have found the plustek 7200i has been praised for its quality and low price. These are film and slide scanners.