4.03.2007

Headlines

I found the headline, "Doggie yoga leaves pets twisted but relaxed" from CNN.Com to be quite good. First of all, the story immediately caught my eye. The subject matter of the article is certainly unusual, but the headline allows the site user to understand what will follow. The headline follows good subject-verb structure and involves some cuteness without too much.

The headline I found to be "not so adept" is one that I found on the Web site of the television stations in my hometown, Scranton, Pennsylvania. The headline reads: Too Much T-B Testing? (You can click the link for the story.) Basically, the story is about how a local school has decided to pay for all students to be tested for T-B. However, the Department of Health is unsure if the tests are necessary. I think the headline immediately creates a story biased toward the stance of the health department. The question format is not effective. In addition, the headline is unclear, and makes no mention of whom is being tested, or where the tests are taking place. Instead, I think a headline like: T-B Tests in Scranton School May Be Unnecessary.

Thanks,
Adena

No comments: